Orb-3 PRA & Enzymes Maintenance
Type: Orb-3 Pool & Spa
Write a review
Starve algae and create crystal clear water without overusing chemicals. Use for a phosphate reduction of up to 750ppb in 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Phosphates / Phosphorus
- Water Clarity
- Algae / Excess Nutrients
- Scum Lines
- Mold & Mildew
- Water Quality
Orb-3 PRA & Enzymes Maintenance active ingredients preserve low phosphate levels and optimal water clarity for water bodies that are largely in proper balance. Orb-3 PRA & Enzymes Maintenance combines appropriate doses of Orb-3 DropOut and Orb-3 Pool Enzymes, making it ideal for use as part of the regular weekly maintenance performed on your pool or spa. Use Orb-3 DropOut to reduce high phosphate levels and Orb-3 Pool Enzymes or for high organic loading.
- Volume: 32 oz
- Ship Weight: 2.8 lb
- Treats: 10,000 gallons of pool water (750ppb reduction)
- Volume: 128 oz
- Ship Weight: 10.7 lb
- Treats: 40,000 gallons of pool water (750ppb reduction)
- Volume: 5 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 54 lb
- Treats: 200,000 gallons of pool water (750ppb reduction)
- Volume: 15 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 153 lb
- Treats: 600,000 gallons of pool water (750ppb reduction)
- Volume: 55 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 558 lb
- Treats: 2,200,000 gallons of pool water (750ppb reduction)
For 750ppb Reduction: 32 oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water
Mix the recommended dosage with a bucket of pool water and evenly apply around the pool surface.
- Monitor and maintain normal back pressure levels in the pool filter.
- Safe to swim immediately after use.
- If a cloud begins to form, turn off pool filter while product works throughout the pool water.
- After 12 to 24 hours, vacuum the cloudy water to waste. Then restart pool filter to remove what remains.
- Continue to monitor and maintain normal back pressure levels in the pool filter.
For Best Results
- Double recommended dose when opening or closing the pool for the season or if bather loading increases significantly.
- Apply product more frequently (i.e. half the dose twice per week) to arrive at the same weekly rate of product consumption.
- Performance will improve with more frequent application; use automated pump if possible.
- Apply when water temperature is 50-110 degrees F and pH and alkalinity are at recommended levels.
Translucent light aqua liquid
Proprietary composition “not considered hazardous” under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard CFR Title 29 1910.1200
Store this product out of direct sunlight in a cool dry area. For best results, use within 12 months.
pH As Shipped
3.0 – 3.5 @ 77° F (25° C)
HMIS Hazard Rating
- TSCA Inventory Status: This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the TSCA Inventory of Chemical Substances.
- DSL (Canada): This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the Domestic Substances List.
- Deprives algae of key nutrient required for survival
- Prevents algae regrowth
- Creates crystal clear water
- Reduces scum lines
- Safe to swim immediately after use
Why should I care about phosphate? Can't I just add chlorine or shock the pool to kill the algae?
Adding high amounts of chlorine or shock can often take care of the symptom of the problem - the algae - but it doesn't eliminate the source of the problem: nutrients.
The problem with relying solely on chlorine is that whenever the free chlorine (fc) drops and water conditions are otherwise right, algae will begin to grow.
By removing the phosphates from the water, you deprive algae of a critical nutrient thereby preventing it from getting established in the first place.
Chlorine is an important component of providing safe water for your enjoyment, however phosphate removal is key to preventing algae growth.
For a trouble-free pool... solve the root cause of the problem. Preventing algae growth is much easier than continually treating it.
I need to get rid of the algae in my pool. Can Orb-3 help me?
Yes! See our blog post: Identifying and Treating Algae in Pools.
How much phosphate should I have in my pool?
As little as possible... Most pool professionals consider anything over 500ppb to be problematic.
How do I figure out how many gallons of water my pool holds?
See our blog post: How do I figure out how much water is in my pool or pond?
Are there any animal products in Orb-3 Products?
The Orb-3 Pool & Spa product line contains no animal product whatsoever. All items are either food-grade or GRAS and are plant derived, mineral based or synthesized. They are non-toxic when used as directed, and do not contain phosphates, sulfates, or paraben; and are gluten free as well.
My pool water is cloudy, what should I do?
You probably have an algae bloom coming on. See our blog post: Identifying and Treating Algae in Pools.