Orb-3 Spa Enzymes
Type: Orb-3 Pool & Spa
Write a review
- Water Clarity
- Algae / Excess Nutrients
- Scum Lines
- Mold & Mildew
- Water Quality
Eco-friendly and cost effective, Orb-3 Spa Enzymes are a natural solution for your family's spa. By naturally removing organics from hot tubs and spas, Orb-3 Enzymes clean and freshen water making it healthy, clear, and sparkling. Orb-3 Spa Enzymes augments the natural decomposition of organic materials in spas while it helps stabilize pH levels to reduce skin & eye irritation, keep spa filters cleaner, decreases unpleasant chemical odors, and controls scum lines. You can rest assured that your loved ones will be able to enjoy a clean, healthy spa with help from Orb-3!
Totally compatible with whatever chemical spa treatments you might use, Orb-3 Spa Enzymes natural cleansing action washes away algae and slime, allowing conventional sanitizers to work more effectively. Stop spending time and money on ordinary products that deliver ordinary results, and get the secret to crystal clear water with Orb-3 Spa Enzymes today!
Now available in the original formula or *new* non-foaming version! The non-foaming version offers the same great performance with a specialized non-foaming surfactant.
- Volume: 16 oz
- Ship Weight: 1.2 lb
- Treats: 8,000 gallons of spa water
- Volume: 32 oz
- Ship Weight: 2.4 lb
- Treats: 16,000 gallons of spa water
- Volume: 128 oz
- Ship Weight: 8.9 lb
- Treats: 64,000 gallons of spa water
1 ounce per 500 gallons of spa capacity weekly
Mix the recommended dosage with a bucket of spa water and evenly apply around the spa surface.
- Do not mix directly with sanitizers or other chemicals.
- Safe to swim immediately after use.
For Best Results
- Double recommended dose when opening or closing the spa for the season or if bather loading increases significantly.
- Apply product more frequently (i.e. half the dose twice per week) to arrive at the same weekly rate of product consumption.
- Performance will improve with more frequent application.
- Use automated pump if possible.
- Apply when water temperature is 50-110 degrees F and pH and alkalinity are at recommended levels.
Translucent amber liquid
Store this product out of direct sunlight in a cool dry area. For best results, use within 12 months.
pH As Shipped
3.5 – 4.0 @ 77° F (25° C)
HMIS Hazard Rating
- TSCA Inventory Status: This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the TSCA Inventory of Chemical Substances.
- DSL (Canada): This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the Domestic Substances List.
- Reduces skin and eye irritation so water is healthier
- Eliminates scum lines and waterline buildup
- Leaves water feeling silky
- Removes scum lines and reduces the need for scrubbing
- Minimizes chemical odors
What is the optimal pH for my pool or spa when using Orb-3 enzyme products?
The typical industry recommendation for pH range in pools & spas is 7.4 - 7.8. This is also a great range for the Orb-3 enzymes, so no special adjustment is required when using our enzymes.
Should I buy the ORIGINAL or NON-FOAMING version?
Most people prefer the NON-FOAMING. It is the newest formulation & works great. However, the ORIGINAL formula has been around for a long time & has many fans so we continue to make it available.
I put this in a little while ago & my water looks worse. What happened?
Orb-3 Spa Enzymes goes to work immediately breaking down organics - body oils, lotions, grease, etc.
Some of those organics are lurking in the plumbing of your spa/hot tub, collecting dirt and keeping it stuck to the walls of your piping.
When Orb-3 dissolves the grease, the dirt is let loose from the pipes & into the water.
Give it a little time - typically 24 hours or less - the filter & the enzymes will clean it up and then the water will be better than ever, the pipes will be clean, and the problem will not recur.
Can the Orb-3 enzyme products be used with DE filters?
Yes. Orb-3 enzyme products work very well with DE filtration media. The enzymes keep organics such as oil & grease from accumulating on the DE allowing it to filter as efficiently as possible.
Can I stop using sanitizer (chlorine, bromine, etc) in my pool or hot tub if I use Orb-3?
No, we do not recommend this approach.
However, since a secondary function of most sanitizers is to "burn off" the organics, many customers report that they use less sanitizer when using Orb-3 products.
Orb-3 products do not kill pathogens and consequently you need to continue using a sanitizer in order to provide safe water that meets health department standards.
The primary benefit to using enzymes is that they will reduce organics (lotions, body oils, urine, etc) in the water which will improve the clarity of the water, allowing it to sparkle & providing better visibility to the bottom. Enzymes also reduce scum lines & bio-films.
Are there any animal products in Orb-3 Products?
Orb-3 Pool & Spa products contain no animal product whatsoever. All items are either food-grade or GRAS and are plant derived, mineral based or synthesized. They are non-toxic when used as directed, and do not contain phosphates, sulfates, or paraben; and are gluten free as well.