Quickly and effectively eliminate green water, cloudy water, and algae in your pool water by using non-chemical Orb-3 DropOut to remove phosphates - algae's main food source. Safe to swim in immediately after use, Orb-3 DropOut removes phosphates without decreasing pH or alkalinity.
Orb-3 DropOut is designed to reduce high levels of phosphate in pools, spas, and other recreational water bodies without affecting pH - leaving you with crystal clear water! Starve that algae out and lay out by the pool instead!
How you you get rid of the phosphates from your pool water? For high phosphate levels (greater than 750ppb) get phosphates in line with Orb-3 DropOut first. Once your phosphate levels are low (under 750ppb), keep them there with Orb-3 PRA & Enzymes Maintenance.
DropOut's active ingredients naturally bind phosphates, rendering them ineffective as a food source for algae. Best of all, DropOut is very cost-effective when compared with most other phosphate removal products.
Once phosphate levels are under control, keep them that way with Orb-3 PRA & Enzymes Maintenance!
- Volume: 16 oz
- Ship Weight: 1.5 lb
- Treats: 5,000 gallons of pool water (3000ppb reduction)
- Volume: 32 oz
- Ship Weight: 3.0 lb
- Treats: 10,000 gallons of pool water (3000ppb reduction)
- Volume: 128 oz
- Ship Weight: 11.3 lb
- Treats: 40,000 gallons of pool water (3000ppb reduction)
- Volume: 5 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 57 lb
- Treats: 200,000 gallons of pool water (3000ppb reduction)
- Volume: 15 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 162 lb
- Treats: 600,000 gallons of pool water (3000ppb reduction)
- Volume: 55 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 591 lb
- Treats: 2,200,000 gallons of pool water (3000ppb reduction)
For 3000ppb Reduction: 32 oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water
Mix the recommended dosage with a bucket of pool water and evenly apply around the pool surface.
- Turn off pool filter while product works throughout the pool water.
- After 12 to 24 hours, vacuum the cloudy water to waste.
- Restart pool filter to remove what remains.
It is very important to monitor and maintain normal back pressure levels in the pool filter.
For Best Results
Dilute the amount of product needed with one gallon of pool water for every 10,000 gallons to be treated, and pour evenly over pool surface.
Proprietary composition “not considered hazardous” under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard CFR Title 29 1910.1200
Store this product out of direct sunlight in a cool dry area. For best results, use within 12 months.
pH As Shipped
3.0 – 3.5 @ 77° F (25° C)
HMIS Hazard Rating
- TSCA Inventory Status: This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the TSCA Inventory of Chemical Substances.
- DSL (Canada): This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the Domestic Substances List.
- Removes the food source that causes algae growth
- Reduces extremely high phosphate levels
- Super-concentrated formula will not decrease pH or alkalinity
- Safe to swim immediately after use
Why should I care about phosphate? Can't I just add chlorine or shock the pool to kill the algae?
Adding high amounts of chlorine or shock can often take care of the symptom of the problem - the algae - but it doesn't eliminate the source of the problem: nutrients.
The problem with relying solely on chlorine is that whenever the free chlorine (fc) drops and water conditions are otherwise right, algae will begin to grow.
By removing the phosphates from the water, you deprive algae of a critical nutrient thereby preventing it from getting established in the first place.
Chlorine is an important component of providing safe water for your enjoyment, however phosphate removal is key to preventing algae growth.
For a trouble-free pool... solve the root cause of the problem. Preventing algae growth is much easier than continually treating it.
I need to get rid of the algae in my pool. Can Orb-3 help me?
Yes! See our blog post: Identifying and Treating Algae in Pools.
How much phosphate should I have in my pool?
As little as possible... Most pool professionals consider anything over 500ppb to be problematic.
How do I figure out how many gallons of water my pool holds?
See our blog post: How do I figure out how much water is in my pool or pond?
Are there any animal products in Orb-3 Products?
The Orb-3 Pool & Spa product line contains no animal product whatsoever. All items are either food-grade or GRAS and are plant derived, mineral based or synthesized. They are non-toxic when used as directed, and do not contain phosphates, sulfates, or paraben; and are gluten free as well.
My pool water is cloudy, what should I do?
You probably have an algae bloom coming on. See our blog post: Identifying and Treating Algae in Pools.