Orb-3 Antifoam is a natural water-based emulsion that provides long-lasting defoaming persistence. Its food-grade ingredients simply cause water to go flat by lowering its interfacial surface tension and dispersing gasses.
The fast-acting Orb-3 Antifoam formula quickly knocks down ugly foam, making this kind of upset easy to prevent and control in pools, spas, and water features.
- Volume: 16 oz
- Ship Weight: 1.2 lb
- Treats: 40,000 gallons of pool water or 16,000 gallons of spa water
- Volume: 32 oz
- Ship Weight: 2.4 lb
- Treats: 80,000 gallons of pool water or 32,000 gallons of spa water
- Volume: 128 oz
- Ship Weight: 8.9 lb
- Treats: 320,000 gallons of pool water or 128,000 gallons of spa water
- Volume: 5 Gallons
- Ship Weight: 42 lb
- Treats: 1,600,000 gallons of pool water or 640,000 gallons of spa water
- Spa: ½ ounce per 500 gallons
- Pool: 2 ounces per 5,000 gallons
Repeat as needed
Shake concentrate vigorously before using. Mix the recommended dosage with a bucket of pool or spa water and evenly apply around the water surface.
Some separation is normal. Shake well before each use.
For Best Results
- Shake thoroughly before dispersing.
- Dilute dose with enough water to topically spray or add to water body.
- Wait 5 full minutes to see full effect of treatment.
- Increase or decrease dose as needed to control foam.
- For persistent foam or foamy areas, use an automatic feed pump.
White, liquid emulsion
Store this product out of direct sunlight in a cool dry area. For best results, use within 6 months.
pH As Shipped
6.8 – 8.1 @ 77° F (25° C)
HMIS Hazard Rating
- TSCA Inventory Status: This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the TSCA Inventory of Chemical Substances.
- DSL (Canada): This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the Domestic Substances List.
- Fast-acting foam reducing formula
- People, pet & plant friendly
- Safe and easy to use
How can I prevent foam?
Orb-3 Antifoam does a great job of quickly knocking down foam, and as long as it is active in the water body, it will continue to work to stop foam.
However, if foam is a common problem, it pays to examine the root cause. Sometimes it is as simple as an air leak in the system; it can also be caused by certain types of chemicals (typically polymers) & algaecides, detergents, low levels of calcium, and most commonly organics in the water. An enzyme treatment can often be a big help in 'purging' the system - removing the gunk in the pipes that is causing water to be cloudy & foamy.
If foam is a constant aggravation, give Orb-3 Pool Enzymes a try in your pool, or Orb-3 Spa Enyzmes for your spa/hot tub. Apply during a maintenance window - if there is a lot of gunk in the pipes, it will purge it all! The good news? Once that gunk is gone, you will likely need to add fewer chemicals to keep your sanitizer at recommended levels, and the water will look, feel, and smell better than it ever has.
How do I figure out how many gallons of water my pool holds?
See our blog post: How do I figure out how much water is in my pool or pond?
Are there any animal products in Orb-3 Products?
The Orb-3 Pool & Spa product line contains no animal product whatsoever. All items are either food-grade or GRAS and are plant derived, mineral based or synthesized. They are non-toxic when used as directed, and do not contain phosphates, sulfates, or paraben; and are gluten free as well.