- Initial: 2 tbsp per 500 gal or 3 lb per acre-foot
- Weekly: 1 tbsp per 500 gal or 1-1/2 lb per acre-foot
Dilute each dose with a minimum of 1 gallon of pond water to make a slurry. Keep agitated while dispersing product evenly over pond surface using a manual sprayer or trash / diaphragm pump.
For water gardens, initial usage rate is 2 tbsp per 500 gal, then 1 tbsp per 500 gal weekly.
For Best Results
- Apply when ambient temperature is 50°–90° F; dissolved oxygen level is over 1.0ppm; pH is 6 – 8; alkalinity is less than 100ppm
- Proper aeration and more dilution upon application will enhance product performance
- Never commingle with bactericides or quaternary disinfectants as they will degrade / inactivate bacteria.
Light brown granules
Orb-3® Lake & Pond Dry Bacteria is a proprietary composition “not considered hazardous” under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard CFR Title 29 1910.1200
Store this product out of direct sunlight in a cool dry area. For best results, use within 12 months. Never commingle with bactericides or quaternary disinfectants, as they will degrade / inactivate bacteria.
HMIS Hazard Rating
- TSCA Inventory Status: This product and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the TSCA Inventory of Chemical Substances.
- DSL (Canada): The Canadian formulation and/or all of its components are either included on or exempt from the Domestic Substances List.