EasyPro PD16 Concentrated Pond Dye
Type: Pond Water Treatment
Write a review
- Pond Aesthetics
- Algae / Excess Nutrients
- Water Quality
EasyPro's family of water treatment products is designed to work together to achieve the natural ecological balance your pond needs to maintain clean, clear water.
This colorant is designed for use in water gardens and koi ponds. It will not stain birds, fish plants, pets, wildlife, or people once diluted and when applied at the recommended rate. Handle with care prior to dilution to prevent staining.
EasyPro Blue Pond Dye provides a "natural blue" color.
EasyPro Black Pond Dye offers a dark, reflective tint.
EasyPro Serenity Pond Dye is the most popular version, with a dark blackish-blue appearance.
No formulations contain yellow dye, so it will not shade the water green.
Apply at 1 fl oz per 1,000 gallons of pond water, every month or as needed (use more or less for desired color)
To prevent staining - handle with care prior to dilution & dispersing in water.
Dye will not stain rocks, plants, pets, wildlife or people once diluted & dispersed in water
Compatible with most other water treatments
Keep out of reach of children
Safe for fish & aquatic life
- Volume: 16 oz
- Weight: 1.2 lb
- Treats: 16,000 gallons of pond water
1 oz per 1000 gallons.
One bottle will treat up to 1000 gallons depending on color desired. For best results add to multiple spots around the edges of the pond or use in conjunction with aeration. Add additional amounts as needed to maintain desired color due to dilution. Will not stain fish, plants, wildlife, or surfaces when used as directed and once dispersed. Not for use in potable water sources. Chlorinated water will cause fading, requiring higher dosages and/or more frequent treatments.
Concentrated product may cause eye or skin irritation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wear safety glasses or goggles and rubber gloves when handling. Do not taste or swallow. Concentrated product can stain fabric and other porous surfaces. Keep out of reach of children.
- IF IN EYES: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation develops.
- IF ON SKIN: Immediately flush skin with plenty of water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if irritation develops.
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately drink water to dilute. Seek medical attention if symptoms develop. DO NOT induce vomiting unless told to do so by a physician. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
For Best Results
- To prevent staining, handle with care prior to dilution & dispersing in water
- Dye will not stain rocks, plants, pets, wildlife, or people once diluted & dispersed in water.
- Compatible with most other water treatments.
- Apply every month or as needed.
- Use more or less for desired color.
- Blue (PD16): Blue Liquid
- Black (PD16B): Black Liquid
- Serenity (PD16C): Blue/Black Liquid
Storage and Disposal
Keep product closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid freezing. Do not reuse empty container. Rinse empty container thoroughly with water, recycle or dispose in accordance with state and local regulations.
HMIS Hazard Rating
- TSCA Inventory Status: All ingredients are listed.
- Available in 3 colors:
- Blue (PD16): Gives pond water a “Caribbean Blue” appearance
- Black (PD16B): Gives pond water a deep reflective appearance
- Serenity (PD16C): Gives pond water a dark blackish-blue appearance
- Pond dyes help filter out UV rays from the sun
- Concentrated formula – use one ounce per 1000 gallons of water!
- Does not stain or harm fish, plants or other wildlife once dispersed in water
Which color should I choose?
This is largely a personal preference, but Serenity is the most popular choice. If birds are a problem, the black dye is the best choice as it will create a reflective surface that will hide fish from the birds' vision.
Do you have a formula for larger ponds?
Yes. Part number ZSC-ECPD ships in 1-Quart bottles. Each quart treats 1 acre of water 3-6 ft deep.